Explore more publications!

Iranian Supreme Leader Says Trump won’t Succeed in Destroying Iran

(MENAFN) Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has rejected recent comments by US President Donald Trump regarding “regime change” in Tehran, asserting that Washington will fail to dismantle the Islamic Republic just as previous administrations have.

The dispute comes as the United States continues to pressure Iran to abandon its nuclear activities and adopt a “zero enrichment” framework. Iranian authorities, however, maintain that uranium enrichment is a sovereign right and not subject to external dictates.

Last week, as a significant American military presence assembled in the Persian Gulf, Trump stated that regime change in Iran “would be the best thing that could happen.”

Delivering a televised address on Tuesday—coinciding with nuclear discussions between US and Iranian representatives in Geneva—Khamenei pushed back forcefully.

“In one of his recent speeches, the US president said that for 47 years America has not succeeded in destroying the Islamic Republic… I tell you: You will not succeed either,” Khamenei stated.

He also cautioned against what he described as attempts to coerce Tehran through military intimidation. Referring to the expanded US naval deployment in the region, he implied that such assets are not invulnerable. “A warship is certainly a dangerous weapon, but even more dangerous is the weapon capable of sinking it,” he said.

Strains between the two countries have intensified since June of last year, when US forces struck Iranian nuclear facilities following a brief but intense 12-day conflict between Israel and Iran. Since then, Washington has reinforced its military footprint in the Middle East, dispatching additional naval and air units, including a second aircraft carrier. American officials have repeatedly warned of potential military action and have voiced support for unrest that erupted in Iran during late December and early January amid currency depreciation and rising inflation.

Despite the confrontational rhetoric, diplomatic channels remain open. The two sides have been conducting indirect negotiations in Oman, which Iranian officials have described as a “good start.” Senior figures in Tehran have indicated willingness to pursue a “fair and equitable deal” regarding the nuclear file, suggesting readiness to curb enrichment levels and reduce stockpiles in exchange for relief from economic sanctions. Washington, however, continues to demand the complete dismantlement of Iran’s nuclear program as a precondition for any agreement.

MENAFN18022026000045017281ID1110755830


Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.

Legal Disclaimer:

EIN Presswire provides this news content "as is" without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the author above.

Share us

on your social networks:
AGPs

Get the latest news on this topic.

SIGN UP FOR FREE TODAY

No Thanks

By signing to this email alert, you
agree to our Terms & Conditions